via Daily Prompt: Substandard
One day, in the court of God, a case was presented. A case where the entire human race was on a trial, because they were leading a substandard life. A life where there was a breach of contract, a contract with the Almighty, to live with love, peace, kindness and compassion.
The trial begun. The charges against the humans were many, serious and grave.
- The human beings have no connect with the source, the power within and outside of them.
- There is total disrespect for each other. Crimes against people, animals are on the rise.
- The acts of selflessness, love, compassion are things of the past.
- Life has become all about power, greed, hierarchy.
- Work, stress, anxiety and tension are in the drivers seat and are steering their life.
- The beautiful place called earth has been destroyed by causing serious damage to the environment. Melting glaciers, deforestation, pollution all in the name of advancement.
- Dependency on technology has robbed human life of it’s charm. Heavy use of gadgets takes away valuable time meant for human welfare.
- Families have been taken for granted. Dinner is in the presence of the huge “idiot box”, mobiles and other videos. Feeding kids is no longer a pleasurable activity for mothers. It is a task to be done for the day.
- People have become judgemental, always judging and evaluating people and situations, finding faults, playing the blame game, holding on to things.
God was shocked. The humans were my creations. I created them with lot of creativity and passion for them to experience life. They seem to have forgotten that I had filled their heart with love. Their memory of being relaxed, practicing silence and communicating with me, has been erased. They are in a mad rush, caught in a melee and are disturbed. They have slipped to the lowest form of existence.
Being the fountainhead of love, God delivered his verdict, without prejudice. He appointed a jury (group of learned scholars, spiritually advanced souls) to guide the human beings who have gone astray, to bring them back to the path of love, peace, kindness, moral philosophy, ethical value systems and virtues of fairness and integrity !!
We are all in the path of evolution again…and the journey continues.